- To be used with the Ikonart Custom Stencil Kit
- Must raise the light using the Extender Bar
- Use with our 11"x17" Inkjet Printer Film or Laser Printer Film (you can also piece together multiple 8"x11" sheets)
- Reusable, customizable, easy-to-use, repositionable
- Perfect for fabric, textiles, wood and textured surfaces
- 2 clear exposure sheets are included in each stencil film packet
- Mesh Count: 110
- Sheet Size: 12 in. x 18 in. (30.5 cm x 45.7 cm)
- Available Pack Size: 10-Sheet
- Made in the USA (Duluth, MN)
Ikonart Textile Film - 12"x18" - 10 Sheet Pack
USING THE 12" X 18" TEXTILE FILM
- ADJUST STAND: Swap out the regular 18” bar with the 23” Extender Bar. You must use the Extender Bar to raise the light. Flip the light around so the light is over a smooth, flat surface instead of over the base (see picture above).
- EXPOSE FILM: Place your Ikonart Textile Film on a smooth, flat surface with the textured side facing up. The longer side of the film should be parallel with the base of the stand (see picture above). Place artwork on top of the Textile Film so you can read it. Top everything with the clear exposure sheet (included in the film pack) and rub down to ensure a good seal between the film positive and the stencil film. Turn on the exposure unit and expose for 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- WASHOUT FILM: Washout is exactly the same as the smaller 10”x12” film. Do not washout in front of a bright window. Washout your stencil using warm water until all mesh areas are clear of the emulsion.
- POST-EXPOSE FILM: DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. When your imaged stencil is completely dry, post-expose under the light for a minimum of 5 minutes. Post-exposing increases the durability when reusing your stencils. The clear sheet is not needed for post-exposure. Optional: flip the film over halfway through post-exposure so you are post-exposing from both sides of the film (front and back).